1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB... a pair of REALLY USED men's overalls

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ginger Chic, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Ginger Chic

Ginger Chic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast Georgia
    Dash borrowed a pair of overalls at Halloween when he dressed up like Junior Samples. They were so worn that they were baby soft and even had stains & patched holes. He fell in love! (As you can tell by the pic, they were a bit too big... thank goodness for a pillow.)

Now that he's returned them to their owner I'd like to see about getting a pair to replace them. If you have a pair (38"x30" or 31") that fit that description and you are willing to part with, drop me a PM.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. try the local goodwill, or thrift store, they usually have some at least here in tn they do and if you live in northeast ga they probably do to or if you live close to alabama you might them the thrift store there. marrie

3. lisabug

lisabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    Hubby just bought some new at the local feed store (Leggett Town and Country)...I think they are dickies brand. They are really soft and only 30 bucks....which didn't seem bad to us (the Carhart brand is like 60+ bucks)

maybe you could check some local stores to see if you can get new ones that are soft.

4. Ginger Chic

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast Georgia
    Thanks, but I have already exhausted all of my options around here. All the new ones at the feed store and Ace are Carhardt (expensive and stiff). And the Salvation Army doesn't have squat. I'm afraid that the wives haven't been able to wrangle their men out of their overalls. (That or they're just tossing them in the garbage. Overalls, not the men. [​IMG] )

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    TSC sells them too.

You can wash them and use alot of fabric softener to help get rid of the stiffness.

We have an old fashioned hardware store that sells them too.

have you checked ebay?

6. mlmadura

mlmadura Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    ms
    Try Ebay!!!! ( I love me some Ebay [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] )

7. Ginger Chic

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast Georgia
    Thank you all for your help. I've officially given up though. He'll just have to do without.

8. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Im sure you will find a pair somewere [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Did you consider asking the owner of THAT pair of overalls? They might be willing to part with them if they knew how much your hubby loved them. [​IMG] Even though they were a bit too big, I am assuming he just wanted them for around the house anyway?

10. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    My hubby has a pretty beat up pair of Carhart (i believe) that are 36x30. When he buys his new bibbs this weekend, I send you a pic of the oldies. If you want 'em....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by