1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB: Ameraucana or EE hens, Marans or Welsummer Rooster, Olive Eggers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by everythingjane, Mar 26, 2009.

1. everythingjane

everythingjane Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I'm in southwest Missouri.. I'm looking for some Easter Egger or Ameraucana hens .. Also would like to find adult rooster from dark egg laying breed. And I'd love to get some Olive Eggers.

2. everythingjane

Mar 8, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Interested in Araucana too!

3. dustysangel

dustysangel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    Springfield
    I am expecting some to hatch on Mon April 4. Some of the eggs I put in the incubator were the olive green. I know how to check their wings for male/female. Let me know if you are interested. I have a few barred rock eggs in there as well. Ang

4. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    I too am expecting to have some hatch on the first saturday in april i think it's the 4th I can sex them for you as well. PM me if I can help you out.

5. everythingjane

Mar 8, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    dustysangel- you're about 30 miles away! What did you breed to the ameraucana (or easter eggers) to get the olive eggers?
    I have a couple ameraucana girls that should start laying any time.. I've been looking for an adult Marans or Welsummer roo to pair with them in hopes of creating olive egger chicks.. I'm a bit impatient... I actually have 3 little Marans roosters (7 weeks old).. guess I might have to wait on them to grow up..
    I have a handsome Ameraucana rooster available if I can find a Marans or Wellsummer roo to replace him (as the hen guardian).. I think he was in a breeding program for the wheaten color..

6. dustysangel

dustysangel Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    Springfield
    Was just luck of the draw. I started off with a dozen chicks and some just lay the olive color egg. I put several colored eggs in the bator hoping they will lay same colored eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by