WTB-Ameraucanas/Araucanas-purebred/Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by imriu1969, Apr 10, 2009.

1. imriu1969

imriu1969 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    SE Ohio
    I am wanting to get 12 purebred Ameraucana or Araucana hens and 1 rooster to add to my backyard flock. Anyone have any available soon?

Thanks,
    Niki:)

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

I'm all done for this year but I thought I'd drop you a line and say keep me in mind for next year if you don't find any.

Btw, you didn't say what variety you are looking for? You can see my birds and eggs on my website.

God Bless,

3. imriu1969

imriu1969 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    SE Ohio
    Those are beautiful birds you have and I am DEFINITELY interested for next Spring. Next year I will be wanting 25 chicks.

How early should I ask next year for chicks?? I didn't realize it would already be too late to get young birds or chicks this year. The only colors I am not really interested in are the solid black or white. I am just wanting some for my backyard flock for eggs and fun.....no breeding. I am new at this and don't think that I should breed until I do ALOT of studying on the matter.....and depending on what I find, maybe not then either. I might leave that up to the pros. [​IMG]

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

Thanks for the kind words and your interest in my Ameraucanas. Get back with me in January of next year. If you would like hatching eggs, make that December.

I was filling hatching egg orders this year until the end of March but didn't start taking orders until about mid-January. This year I am going to start taking orders in Nov-Dec and start shipping them in January. I am also going to stop shipping probably by the first part of March so I can get my own breeding programs going sooner.

God Bless,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by