WTB Any Lavender birds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kev, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    I'm interested in eggs from any clean legged birds with the Lavender gene. They can be Self Blue or Porcelain, etc.. just need to have Lavender.

Does not matter what size or breed- OEG, Modern, Ameraucana, etc or even if a mix.. highly prefer clean leg but..

Don't need many eggs, in fact pretty much only need a single lavender bird. Maybe 6 to a dozen eggs? Also don't have a broody hen right now, so this is for 'sometime soon'- as soon as another hen goes broody would be great.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Well, I don't have any of laying age yet, but if you are still looking by the time they lay I have a lavender ameraucana pair I hatched from Harry, along with 2 lav EE(with tassels). Good luck on your search. Maybe you should pm Harry [​IMG]

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:I just put lights up in my coop last week so I expect my gals to start laying in the next couple of weeks.

I have a lavender ameraucana cockerel over black ameraucana hens if you are interested. The size on the lavenders need work still in the ameraucanas.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    pips&peeps :

Quote:I just put lights up in my coop last week so I expect my gals to start laying in the next couple of weeks.

I have a lavender ameraucana cockerel over black ameraucana hens if you are interested. The size on the lavenders need work still in the ameraucanas.

Sorry to threadjack here but I need to ask. Jean, the size on the lavenders, are they smaller or larger than required? My cockeral is quite a bit larger than the pullet and they are only about 6 weeks​

5. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    If they are from John, they will be small as they were bred up from bantams. If they are from Harry, I only have a cockerel Christina gave to me. He looks big so far, but I have not weighed him. He may end up being a little big, but that is good as ameraucanas as a whole have been tending to be on the small side lately.

Also, since this is a new variety I would consider most breedings to be "outcrosses" and therefore the sizes will vary greatly in the first generation. I learned that from the online reading of The Genetics of the Fowl. [​IMG]

6. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Quote:Oh thanks! And Harry who? Just in case he doesn't use Harry as his profile name..

7. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    pips&peeps :

Thanks too! If it comes to that, I will consider heterozygotes. I would love a note when yours are available, just in case..

To both of you- are these bantams or standards?​

8. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    LF

9. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Just stumbled across your thread(split lav chicks) & saw your lav rooster, handsome bird.

I assume that none of the hens being bred are split lavs, is that right?

And thanks.

10. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Correct, I just got the cockerels this summer.

I have five babies though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by