1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB - Anybody selling / shipping mealworms?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Nifty-Chicken, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We're looking for a bunch for our duck.

2. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    I was told they sell them at petco. I am going to check in my area petco tomorrow for some.

3. sumatra

sumatra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    NW PA
    try LLL reptile supply in CA, or Premium live worms in GA. Lots of places that have reptile supplies also will supply worms. I have ordered from GA for years. They mail them directly to your house, and for the quantity that birds eat it is a lot easier to order there than pay high prices at petco. Once you have mealworms they are easy to keep and grow. They eat chicken feed and a lot of other stuff. I keep them in bins, cat litter pans, and any other container I can find. I put a bunch in feed them once or twice a week and after a month, I divide them into 2 pans and throw 1 pan in the coop. The birds love them. I know there are several mail order places around the country--just google it. They are definately worth it.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I just found that member sillybirds is still selling them so I'll get some from him!

Thanks everybody!

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by