WTB Auto egg turner

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by 2hot2chicken, Feb 2, 2012.

1. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    DD's 1st grade teacher said they will be doing a project with chickens in march and wanted to know if would have any chicks at that time we could maybe bring in to class?
    So after talking we decided to try to find a way to get an auto turner for my bator so she can hatch a couple eggs in class. Bator is a Little Giant still air, but I have a fan to add to it once my batch of eggs is done.

Eggs will be donated from my silkies so I don't have to risk them not hatching from shipping damage. I don't have the money to buy a new auto turner for this 1 hatch. As a stay home mom I don't mind turning them by hand since I'm home all day anyway, so it hasn't bothered me any not having 1 but teacher wont be able to do it 3 times a day nor does she have 40$ in her budget for one.

I will be volunteering the day after its setup to watch it and make sure it stays stable and then I'm going in every morning with DD to check on it and once a week to candle the eggs in class to show the kids.

Maybe it'll keep DD from bringing home classmates to candle and show them ours ; ) Nawww ;p

If I can get a good working used 1 I am willing to pay some $ and for shipping. just pm me and we can work it out.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Really? Nobody has an auto turner for a hova bator or an LG that they could sell????
    That is funny since I am on a chicken forum! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by