WTB: Ayam Cemani eggs! do they even exist in the U.S.? I AM DESPERATE!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KattyKillFish, Mar 22, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    they are simply a beautiful breed. i am willing to pay just about any price, 6-12 eggs. anyone? if not does anyone have any info on where i might get some?

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
  3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

4. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

here's what i found:

Goenawan Wisbisono
    Bambang Irawan
    Cakra Farms (all Cs are pronounced CH so it would sound Cha-kra)
    Kalikuto, Grabag
    Magelang 56196
    Central Java, Indonesia

if you find any info, i'd appreciate a heads up. i feel another obsession coming on

5. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
  6. blasto

blasto Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Richmond
    Might have better luck importing from the Nederlands??? I do remember these little big-combed black types of chickens back when we spent a month in Indonesia a dozen+ years ago. The place we stayed in Yogyakarta had a number of them, including one prized rooster that had been raised in a special cage where the door was now much too small for him to be taken in/out. They kept him in a place of honor in the middle of the courtyard and he woke us every morning at 4:45-5:15. I HATED that chicken [​IMG]. I asked about him and was told something about how he was thought to bring good luck and that he warded off spirits that might come and become *stuck* at the guesthouse. IMO, that didn*t make up for the early wake-up calls right outside my bedroom window...

7. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i hear they are bred in germany as well... anyone else hear about that or is it just the internet lying to me?

8. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    wow they are very interesting! All black bird.. inside and out!

9. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    I wonder if they lay black eggs?

Actually I'd never heard of these until I saw this post. Now I find myself wanting some. If you ever find any please let me know where I can get some too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by