WTB: Ayam Cemani eggs! do they even exist in the U.S.? I AM DESPERATE!

Here is another link....I am not sure if it will help.
smile.png

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Cemani/BRKCemani.html You might be able to email the lady who wrote the article. Good luck to you.
smile.png

here's what i found:

Goenawan Wisbisono
Bambang Irawan
Cakra Farms (all Cs are pronounced CH so it would sound Cha-kra)
Kalikuto, Grabag
Magelang 56196
Central Java, Indonesia

if you find any info, i'd appreciate a heads up. i feel another obsession coming on

Might have better luck importing from the Nederlands??? I do remember these little big-combed black types of chickens back when we spent a month in Indonesia a dozen+ years ago. The place we stayed in Yogyakarta had a number of them, including one prized rooster that had been raised in a special cage where the door was now much too small for him to be taken in/out. They kept him in a place of honor in the middle of the courtyard and he woke us every morning at 4:45-5:15. I HATED that chicken
lol.png
. I asked about him and was told something about how he was thought to bring good luck and that he warded off spirits that might come and become *stuck* at the guesthouse. IMO, that didn*t make up for the early wake-up calls right outside my bedroom window...

I wonder if they lay black eggs?

Actually I'd never heard of these until I saw this post. Now I find myself wanting some. If you ever find any please let me know where I can get some too.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom