WTB - Baby Kingsnake -Yes, I know I'm crazy! :)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by love-my-wolves, May 18, 2008.

1. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Well, I have some sad news. Anyone that followed my thread about my baby Kingsnake might remember I was to be given a new on from a friend. Well, his roomate was angry with him, and sold his entire stock of snakes!!!! Thousands of dollars worth, for about $100!!! I am sooooo crushed! I miss my baby, and was wondering if anyone knows any for sale, I don't have a lot of money, maybe $20-30. I know that isn't a lot, since they are very valuable, but I am really so heartbroken, and thought maybe someone knows about a baby for sale. I would greatly prefer it be small and able to eat on it's own. I know, I'm asking for a lot, but I hope someone can help me. Thanks everyone!!! Steph

Here is the link from my thread, with pics of King (RIP my sweet baby!)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=50147

2. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Hi!

I'm so sorry about your bad luck! Years ago I had a breeding arrangement with a "friend" with my hypomelanistic red tailed boa female... He would breed her to his male and keep her til she had the babies... he did that... then kept her and the babies! I lost at least $1,500 on that deal... grr...

ANYWAY! One of the VERY popular reptile sites... oddly enough... is kingsnake.com...

Check out this link... you might find someone who has what you're looking for...

http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=59

Good luck!! [​IMG]

3. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    [​IMG]...you guys are talking about KING SNAKES on a chicken forum?????[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]...[​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Well, shipping costs about $50, depending on where you are at, so that might not be working too well for you. Do you know of any local petstores that sell them? I know buying from petstores usually isnt the best thing, but it might be your only option at the moment.

5. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Check out Kingsnake.com and see when a reptile show is coming to your area. Daytona is the biggest (and in my opinion best) reptile show on the east coast. You can typically find hatchlings that have shed and are eating for $15-20 there, or if not, you can at least get peoples info and get in touch with others.

Hey, chicken people can own snakes, as long as they don't try to mix the two...

I have a ball python and a red tegu. They typically get mice, but will gladly clean up anything that dies. If something dies because it's sick though it gets thrown out into the field. If it dies because it is born/hatched deformed or gets too cold, or is a cull (I don't cull the chickens, and rarely cull the rabbits) they get it. It's not something I like doing, but I enjoy having the two reptiles as pets, and they need to eat too.

Emily in NC

6. dr. who

dr. who Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    I just caught and relocated a 5' black racer two or three days ago....I'll let you when another decides to enter the chiknpen.

7. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    lol [​IMG]
    i used to have a cornsnake i always used to put it in a small tree right off the porch he would always comeback to me but then one day i was out with him and a hawk picked hip up right in front of me i was so sad it was very well trained

8. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    If you lived in CA i would catch you one for free. [​IMG]

9. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Would you catch one and mail it to me? [​IMG] I'll pay priority shipping! [​IMG]
    Thanks everyone, I'm hunting around the pet stores. No luck so far. [​IMG]
    Kingsnake.com doesn't have any I'm looking for, and they are over $100! Ouch!!! I guess patience is a virtue I don't have. [​IMG] So, while I'm lookin, I ordered more chick eggs!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by