WTB: bantam coops or one large coop, WASHINGTON STATE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have tried this several times and everyone has always backed out on me. I am SERIOUS and I need someone to build 4 to 6 mini (bantam) coops for me. I don't need to physically be able to get IN the coop or run. I would just need to be able to clean it out easily & gather eggs easily. I only have pairs or trios of bantams so it doesn't have to be huge.

I just need the frames, basically. I can do the roofing, wire, siding and windows, myself. I just need bare bones because I can run a drill or pound in a nail but I'm not so much at making lots of cuts or getting things square! [​IMG] Although I can attach roofing and wire and I'm able to paint! [​IMG]

The smaller coops could be a 4 x 4 coop with a 4' w x 6' L covered run. Or, if it's cheaper, I would consider HUGE coops, split up to house several separate breeds.

These would just house my bantam chickens during spring, summer and fall. During the winter, they'd be in my large, insulated coop with heat lamps and in their pens on the wall.

I'm located in Okanogan but would be willing to make a trip to pick them up. We have a 3/4 ton truck. If it's easier, you could even make them like kits (label the pieces) and I could screw them together...

The cheaper, the better...I have the roofing (metal that matches our home, existing coop and horse barn), the wire and a pile of old windows...

I would not really need these until next spring (2011) and I would be willing to make payments on them--and I would like be willing to make a page on my website with photos of your work and a link to contact you to help with your business...

Thank you,

~Heather

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Heck, I'd even consider a wooden shed that I can convert...

I've tried CL for the last two years...

I've also sent in deposits for coops, only to have a guy take my money and then disappear. [​IMG]

3. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey sweetie...

I probably do not have what you want and its probably more trouble then its worth, but I think I can throw this out there, and if you wish to ponder it, thats cool. [​IMG] We have quite a large coop that we built for our chickens, and now we are trying to sell our house...so the chickens left, yet I have a ginormous chicken house in the backyard. My husband is slowly taking it apart and by no means will it be easy to be put back together....but I just wanted you to see it and let me know if you are interested. I was selling it on craigslist for $800 because of all the effort my husband went into making it. If you are interested though I could sell it to you for $400 because of all the putting it back together and gas money to even get here. LOL!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tsableisch/Coop#

Anyway...its a long shot, but let me know either way. I promise if you are interested...not to back out on you. I am a good person that way. [​IMG]

Take care of you!
    Theresa

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Hey Theresa!

Thanks for the the offer...but that would be a 20+ hour drive (round trip), plus the cost of gas, renting a trailer, hauling it over the passes, etc. It's a lovely coop though and I'm sure you'll get $800 for it! [​IMG]

Thanks again!

~Heather

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by