WTB bantam laying box

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hcammack, Dec 8, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Well I am really busy and so is my whole family I am willing to pay someone to build a bantam sized laying box for my Faverolles hens. It can't be to big because I tried to use a big nest box and they won't lay in it! They have been laying in a flower pot [​IMG] But if you have plans for a nice enclosed box I would love to have one. It needs to be able to be closed at night.

Thanks,
    Henry

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Little bunny and guinea pig litter pans work well for bantam laying boxes and are cheaper than making your own. They're also plastic, which makes cleaning easy too.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    What are the dementions of a Bantam Box? Mine lay in the regular box, 12x12, mind you they often have more than one hen in there at a time, No wait that is 2 REAL hens in that box at the same time, bet we could sqeeze in 4 or 5 bantams. Why do you want it to close at night? [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Ha ha mine are dirty little pigs and love to poop all over the nests at night! They seem to have an oversion to the LF boxes and would rather just lay on the ground [​IMG] I will try the Rabbit litter pan and maybe put the LF box back in for now to see if they will use it.

Thanks,
    Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by