WTB Barnyard mix of duck eggs!! :D

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ashleyy_x3, May 19, 2011.

1. Ashleyy_x3

Ashleyy_x3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    soo im having a tough time deciding what breed of duck i want to try and hatch, soo im just gonna ask for a mix-up of dif breeds [​IMG]
    i reallyyy like pekins, runners, cayugas, swedish, and east indies!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    OH and mutt breeds are aaaadorable also [​IMG]
    help me out PUHHH-LEAAASEE
    oh yeah, and i kind of want people more towards the North-East part of the US, where i'm from Maine, because i feel more comfortable having eggs shipped when they dont have extremely far to travel [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have some eggs available, $8 for a dozen plus calculated shipping.

My flock consists of 7 Pekins, 4 Rouens, and 2 Runners. The Pekins are 2 drakes (1 is crested) and 5 ducks, though 1 of the ducks is currently broody. The non-crested drake has the broody duck and another pekin duck as 'his' girls. 2 of the Pekin ducks are in love with my blue Runner drake, so their eggs would be mixed. The other Pekin duck hangs in a group with the crested Pekin drake and the Rouen drake. 2 of the Rouen ducks are currently broody, the other Rouen duck is also in the crested Pekin and Rouen's harem. The Runner duck is broody.

So you could hatch either pure Rouens, pure Pekins, or Pekin/Rouen or Pekin/Runner mixes. Some of the Pekin/Rouen mixed babies have cute little crests from their crested Pekin daddy [​IMG]

Let me know if you're interested.

Edit to add pictures, I don't have any pics of the babies yet but as soon as they load I'll post them too [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I have mutt eggs hahaha-1$ each 14$ for shipping

Crested magpie male over 2 khaki cambell runners:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Here are some baby pics. These pics are terrible cause you know the camera is going to eat them! But you can at least get an idea of what you'd hatch. And surprisingly the guinea keets were all "hey, how ya doin?" so they're in most of the pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ashleyy_x3

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:awwhh, your crested pekin drake is SO cute [​IMG] i would loveee to be able to hatch a crested ducky [​IMG] i lovee love love pekins! andd i bet the pekin/runner crosses would be the cutest things everrr! rouens arent really my first choice for duck breeds, but i bet if they were mixed with pekin orr had those amazing crests then i would find them much more attractive [​IMG] lol but gahh, i would loveee to get some of your pekins or pekin/runners for suuureee [​IMG] the only thing throwing me off a little bit is you being a tad far away. i am so nervous about having eggs shipped to me from a great distance away. more chance for the stupid postal people to shake them about and what not and get the air sack detatched or broken or scrambled [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:awwhh, your crested pekin drake is SO cute [​IMG] i would loveee to be able to hatch a crested ducky [​IMG] i lovee love love pekins! andd i bet the pekin/runner crosses would be the cutest things everrr! rouens arent really my first choice for duck breeds, but i bet if they were mixed with pekin orr had those amazing crests then i would find them much more attractive [​IMG] lol but gahh, i would loveee to get some of your pekins or pekin/runners for suuureee [​IMG] the only thing throwing me off a little bit is you being a tad far away. i am so nervous about having eggs shipped to me from a great distance away. more chance for the stupid postal people to shake them about and what not and get the air sack detatched or broken or scrambled [​IMG]

I know I've sent eggs to you before but I can't remember what they were [​IMG] Duck eggs usually take shipping pretty good and I could double-box them if you like to help keep them from getting cracked.

7. Ashleyy_x3

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    oh my goodnessss. you just had to post baby duck pictures [​IMG] lol they are SO CUTE. even the rouen-looking ones, with the little tufts on their heads! gahh [​IMG]

8. Ashleyy_x3

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    yesss i remember your name from a while back, i cant remember what i ordered either LOL i had ordered so many eggs at that time from so many people [​IMG]
    hmmm... youre making it awful tempting for me to chance it and just get them and hope for the best! im sure you are a wonderful packer [​IMG]
    hm.. how much would shipping be to 04463? [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:It was probably either ducks or button quail, I'm leaning more towards buttons? Looks like shipping would be about $10.

10. Ashleyy_x3

Mar 2, 2009
    Maine
    if i wasnt trying so hard to control my quick impulses i would say YESSS right nowww! lol but im going to see if there are some a little closer firstt, because ive gotten a little more paranoid over-time about shipping (quite a few disappointments) lol but i will get back to you if i cant get your cute little duck pictures out of my head and just HAVE to get somee [​IMG] (which is a very good possibility right now) haha [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by