WTB-Black Cochins LF and Banties

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Beth G., Apr 18, 2011.

1. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Hi, I am looking for private breeding stock black (not frizzled) black cochins both Large Fowl and Banties. I live in Connecticut and plan on going to the May 1st show in Mass. coming up. Anyone have any they can part with? I'm needing quad's. 2 Cockrels/Roo's and 2 Pullets/Hen's for banties and 1 Cockrel/Roo and 3 Pullets/Hen's Large fowl. Thanks, Beth
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Beth G.

anyone pretty please [​IMG]

3. GardienneWings

GardienneWings Chillin' With My Peeps

I am hatching LF Black Cochins out of Black hens by my Blue or Splash roos. All I have hatched at the moment are sold but I have more hatching weekly. I am in VA so they would have to be shipped but since you're east coast the cost wouldn't be terrible.....

Val

4. Beth G.

Quote:Hi Val,

I PM'd you [​IMG]

Tx,
    B

5. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    i have black bantam cochins, i could ship eggs if your interested

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Hi, Beth!I have 2 very nice looking Black Banty roos to part with, but no hens. One of the roos is carrying the Mottled gene, though, and that may interfere with your breeding plans. I'd be happy to let you have them for box cost and shipping, just to give them a good home!

7. Beth G.

Quote:Ohhh Sooo tempted but, if I mix in with the Lav am I asking for trouble? I dunno [​IMG] I just bought some beautiful Bantie Cochins from Mandyscochincoop and she was nice to give me a little mottled banty black. I think I will hold off I'm so sorry and I just love your birds too!!! I will talk to the DH Tonight have him think it over and if he tells me to get them I will PM for sure.

Cheers,
    Beth [​IMG]

8. Beth G.

Quote:Thank you soo soo much for the offer on the eggs but, I have three bators running and 4 broodies. I'm out of egg bator/broody space for the next three weeks [​IMG]

If I can not find what I am looking for can I PM you then?

Thanks,
    Beth [​IMG]

9. Lund Poultry

Lund Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, WI
    Beth, we raise LF Black Cochins and have shown all of them with many wins. www.lundpoultry.com we have chicks hatching now. I know you are out of bator space, but that is always a option as well.

10. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Beth G. :

Quote:Ohhh Sooo tempted but, if I mix in with the Lav am I asking for trouble? I dunno [​IMG] I just bought some beautiful Bantie Cochins from Mandyscochincoop and she was nice to give me a little mottled banty black. I think I will hold off I'm so sorry and I just love your birds too!!! I will talk to the DH Tonight have him think it over and if he tells me to get them I will PM for sure.

Cheers,
    Beth [​IMG]

Mottled and Lav are not a problem, rather, I think you'd get huge interest in Lav Mottled, just as has occurred with the Lav Mottled Orps. It's very pretty in Orps, but I don't think anyone has done it with anything else!

It would only be carried in 50% of the offspring, and you'd have to breed them back together to get it to show, and then it would only be in 25%, so it's a long shot, but you might be able to make it happen! I'd LOVE to have some Lav to do it with, but haven't gotten there because I'm still working with Blues and Blue Mottled.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by