WTB: BLRW hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WA4-Hpoultrymom, Jan 20, 2010.

1. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Looking for several breeds, ideally all from the same seller. My girls are in 4-H and we are trying to make a plan to fill the incubator later next month. Please PM me with prices if you have one or more of these breeds available! Thank you!!!

Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
    SQ Bantam Cochin in BBS or Lavender
    SQ Japanese in BBS, Black or Grey (no BTW please)
    Barnvelder
    Welsummer

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I have the BLRW but none of the others

3. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:How much are you selling the BLRW? We purchased five last year.. one died, and all four turned to be roos [​IMG] my luck! LOL

4. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    6+ for $30 shipped with tracking # you can check out my website to see some pic but the need up dated because the are young in pics. one of the roo is Barber line an one hen. other are form someone here.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I could fill the BLRW, Welsummer and Barnevelders if you want them just let me know. [​IMG]
    Thanks, James

6. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    As far as I know for 4-H, you have to have only approved varieties in the standard of perfection. I know that BLR is not an approved variety yet. They can be shown in open shows as AOV or AOC. I don't think lavendar is an approved color on cochins yet either. I have no experience with the other breeds you mentioned. You might want to check into this before getting anything. Also for most breeds to be ready for 4-H shows you need to be hatching them in January. Most breeds simply aren't mature enough to show at 4 months of age.

7. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    We have BLRW and will have blue black and splash bantam cochins in the spring. You can see pics of the BLRW on our website at www.bishopschickens.com and our lines are barber lines!

Brandon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by