WTB Blue/Green - egger hens in KY/TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Hey guys.

I'm looking for one to two blue/green egger girls.

They do not have to be pure Ameraucana or Araucana. I'm just looking for some more blue and green eggs to keep up with the demand for them. They have to be at least 5-6 months old, no older than 1 year to a year & 1/2. They must be well-tempered - I have many docile birds in my flock who do not stand up for themselves. They, of course, need to be healthy. I would hatch my own eggs and raise them, but I don't have the facilities to raise another batch of babies, I don't have 8 months to wait, and I don't like the idea of inbreeding.

They need to be relatively close. I might go as far as nashville for girls with colors I do not have in my flock and who have great egg color.

And yes, they would be absolutely spoiled rotten! They would have supervised free ranging, and fresh treats almost every day. A garden to weed-eat and dust bathe in - a coop well ventilated with fans in the summer and electricity for heat lamps in the winter. My birds are loved and cherished family members. I have one hen that will be four this summer; good birds that come here will have a forever home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by