WTB Bourbon Red Turkeys poults, hatching eggs or adults Florida

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by FlChickie, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    Looking for Bourbon Red turkeys (adults or poults) in Florida. Or would purchase hatching eggs to be shipped. Not hatchery stock, would prefer show quality or at least close. Located in Central Florida.
    Thanks!

2. McPhersonFarm

McPhersonFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    My friends who aren't on here are NPIP and we're in North FL near Lake City. They ship or if you want you could drive and get them from me (they don't generally allow people at their farm). My son works for them so we're there twice a week. Can you tell me how many you are looking for and when you want them to be shipped?

3. FlChickie

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    What do they have for sale and how much they are asking? I would love to get a trio if possible, but it just depends on what they have and what age. Where are you located? I'm in Inverness about 2 hours from Lake City.

4. McPhersonFarm

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    I don't know if they sell any of their poults they mainly raise to sell show quality hatching eggs. I wouldn't mind hatching some out for you. I want to say they normally do between 5-8 per egg on turkeys. I'm getting ready to go out there now. Do you know how many hatching eggs you would want? I will also ask if she has any poults or birds that she wants to sell. If you let me know how many eggs I can ask them a price and I'll ask for the price on eggs as well.

5. McPhersonFarm

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    Oh also, I'm sorry we are in Fort White close to Itchetuchnee Springs State Park

6. FlChickie

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I would say a half dozen eggs would be enough just in case some don't hatch. If she has poults or older birds, I'm looking for a pair or trio. But eggs are great. I could come pick them up from you. Just let me know what they say. Thank you so much!

7. McPhersonFarm

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    If they are picked up then they are $5 each right now fresh . When would you want them.

8. FlChickie

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I work till 5 during the week, but I'm free Sunday morning if that works for you, if not I could probably get off early one day this week and come get them. Whatever works best for you. Would you have the buff orp eggs at the same time? Or you don't know yet?

9. McPhersonFarm

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    How many of the Bourbon do you want so I can tell her to hold them for me? I can get the buff orp eggs as well, how many of those do you want? The buff orp are 10 a dozen. I'm gonna put a list and you can let me know if you want others just give me a count tonight so I can let her know and they won't get sold!

10/doz (Buff orp, Deleware, RIR, Americauna, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, White Leghorn)
    15/doz (Silver Spangled hamburgs, fawn runner duck, rouen duck, pekin duck, millie fleur d'uccle, gold seabright, silkie, blue blue splash cochin)

Let me know! I work Fri Sat so sunday works for me! I'll tell them to collect them fresh :D

10. McPhersonFarm

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    Ohhhh I just saw that you want a half dozen of the bourbon turkey I'll tell them, what about the buff and if you want any others?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by