WTB breeder quality bantam cochin eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jossanne, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Anyone have any nice-quality bantam cochin eggs they'd be willing to part with? Prefer b/b/s, but would consider other colors. Thanks!

2. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Im not much help but I just wanted to say I to am looking for these, but I want black or mottled. Can't seem to find any eggs , might have to wait until spring when they all get chick fever. Good Luck

3. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Thanks! Good luck to you too. I've got a little time, luckily. Happy egg-hunting!

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I got Mottled Cochin eggs from Pampered poultry on BYC here and they hatched great and I got some really nice chicks.
    I have many different colors of bantam Cochins but what is laying is what I am hatching so I can't sell any at this time.

5. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Wow, Nadine, looking at your website and I can't believe the grass you have all over the place! Do you even know what dirt looks like? [​IMG] I can't even get grass to grow in my front yard here, dang it. Your cochins are beautiful. One of these days, I'd be interested in getting eggs from you, if your mottleds ever start producing more than you can use.

6. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I have some pretty cochins, but I'm getting only black chicks. The black pair and white hen are throwing really pretty chicks, but the buffxblack pairing isn't working well. I'm getting black-legged chicks from them! Luckily, I can tell the eggs apart, and I just don't hatch any of theirs. They will be paired with other roos when the boys get older. All that said, nobody is laying right now! Remind me in a few weeks, and I'll see what I can round up. I'm hatching only Serama eggs until I get/ build a bigger incubator, so you are welcome to the Cochins. I am planning to disperse my Cochin flock, but the white hen is a keeper, and I'll probably keep the black pair.
    [​IMG]
    These are chicks from my black pair, as well as a lovechild from the white hen. I am really happy with how they are growing up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by