WTB: Buff Bearded Silkie Pullet/Hen SQ/BQ in NC (outside Raleigh)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vfem, Oct 23, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    That's what I am looking for. I can only pay so much so if they have to be shipped I may only be able to afford 1. If you are local and I can meet you I may be able to do 2 or three. I definitely want to see pictures of the bird, and I do not want eggs or chicks again. I spent $100 easy on eggs and chicks this year alone and every single one grew up to be a rooster!!!!

Don't get me wrong, they were gorgeous roosters... now I just need some ladies around the same age to add to my breeder pen. I have 2 roosters now and 3 hens, but all my hens are white. I would like to add at least 1 buff hen or maybe 2 or 3?! [​IMG]

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I have a really beautiful buff hen 18 months old & laying. I'm going to sell her for 40.00 I am guessing shipping would be around 20.00. I could check if you are interested. If this is in your price range let me know and I will go take pics of her.
    I also have a buff chick out of Fatties birds, that is going to go, but can't tell sex yet.

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Well I am not risking chicks as buff's aren't so popular locally and I don't think I could possibly get rid of another rooster at this point if it were to happen.

Let me see photos of the bird and I can tell you then if I would be willing. I wouldn't be showing this bird persay, but want someone who will go well with my buff Roo Elmo. He's a pretty boy... but needs work too.

I don't think I would spend over $60... I was hoping to keep everything $50 and under. I was going to buy some from Fattie but she's out [​IMG] Took me too long to get rid of my ABUNDANCE of roos. (and I still have one to go)

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Hope0491 has some nice Buffs. [​IMG]

5. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I apologize, this hen only has four toes on each foot. I knew I had one out there, but forgot it was her until I went to take a pic. So although her color is awesome she is not showable. I'll put the pics on just in case color is what is most important to you, but certainly understand if she doesn't fit your breeding program. She is really, I interupted a dust bath to take her pic, so she is a little lighter and brighter than she looks. I took the first pic with no flash so you could get a good idea of her in shade and in sun. The last pic is of her front end!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I'm sorry I can't pay that much for a hen that I couldn't possibly breed.

7. KatyTheChickenLady

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    no problem! Good luck I hope you find some! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by