WTB Buff Columbian LF or Buff Columbian Cochin LF eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by faerielady, Oct 22, 2009.

1. faerielady

faerielady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I'm looking for Buff Columbian LF eggs, standards not bantams. I'd prefer a LF Buff Columbian/cochin mix, but I can't seem to find that anywhere so it's probably pretty rare.

Has to be standard size, no bantams please.

2. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    To bad you want LF I have both in bantam

3. faerielady

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Well, I'm considering the LF breeding aspect of the Mille Fleur coloring... like the MFC cochin bantam breeding project. I have a trio of MFC bantam cochins that I need to pick up this weekend, but I really love standard size chickens.

Rock and a hard place... I don't really want to breed a bantam roo to standard hens and breed up... that would take a long time/several generations.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. roostercruiser

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    I don't know of anyone breeding them in LF. Most breeders breed bantams as they take up less space. I have some LF cochins but none in those colors. I have silver laced, gold laced, black, and buff.

5. faerielady

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Bantams do take up less space... that's why I have them too [​IMG] But it also looks like getting black mottled in LF cochin is about as rare as getting a LF buff columbian. Looks like this project may be dead in the water... [​IMG] Can't breed what I can't get.

6. roostercruiser

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    lol...yeah...I have every color you need in bantam but I'm not working on this color project. I have enough projects...lol

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have them in LF but won't be offering any eggs until next spring...

8. faerielady

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Can you put me on your waiting list? I have no problem with waiting if that means I can get what I want/need [​IMG]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

LOL Sure! I posted pics in the mille thread, as well...you can PM me your address and I will add you to my list!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by