WTB Cabinet incubator or trade, well broke gelding

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by farrier!, Dec 27, 2009.

1. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Rather then buying still another small incubator I would love to find a cabinet incubator. We have a big 15.3 calm sweet gelding we could trade for one.
    Zip is 62972
    [​IMG]

2. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

You are considering trading a 15.3 hand gelding for an incubator? [​IMG]

3. lowdollar434

lowdollar434 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Claremore
    I wish I was still into horses. I would be all over that trade.

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Prices on horses are very difficult to set right now...the slaughterhouses that process horses are all closed, therefore, it is hard to establish a base price on any horse, from the meanest pony to the classiest Olympic grade horse. When you don't have a base price for anything, it is hard to sell...poultry will always have a base price here in the US because people eat them and everyone can guess a ballpark figure for eggs.

Without knowing his age and training level, and operating on the guess that this gelding is a grade vs. pedigreed stock, and also knowing what people are paying for used cabinet incubators, I'd say that's on target of what one could expect to pay at an auction here in the Midwest right now. Seems like it would be a fair trade for both sides, the best kind.

5. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Quote:Yes, and this guy is for sale because he is too quiet for us. [​IMG]
    My daughter is into endurance riding and needs a more forward horse.

6. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Here is my bator that's for sale. but I really don't need any more horse's. I'm not trying to hard to sell it because I thought if I didn't sell it I could hatch some more eggs in it. It does work great and I'm asking $200.00. I really don't know what it would cost to ship it. If your interested just pm me.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by