WTB Cherokee Speckled Butterbeans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mississippifarmboy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

I lost my seed to these and would like to find at least a few to raise seed from this spring. No idea what the real name is, but my Grandparents called them Cherokee Rattlesnake Butterbeans. They are a huge butterbean, red and white colored. They have the most beautiful red blooms and the beans are in long pods like green beans, only of course much wider and thicker. The ones we had would put on a large crop early and then a second crop later in the summer. Very tall vines. I have given several people seed beans over the years, but can't find any now that I need them myself. Last year we planted half our seed and lost the crop due to flooding, then our seed freezer quit and by the time I found it, the seeds had all molded. If anyone has any, please PM me! Thanks.

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
  3. biddyboo

biddyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ashland, Missouri
    I suggest Baker's Seeds out of Marshfield, Missouri. They have a wide range of heirloom seeds and a gorgeous catalog as well. You'll want even more than your Speckled Butterbeans if you receive the catalog! ~G

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]
    www.rareseeds.com is the Baker's Seeds website. Great minds, right Biddyboo? [​IMG]

I ordered from them last year and could not have been happier with the products and service. Plus they have really interesting seeds. The catalog is gorgeous and very drool worthy. [​IMG]

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Thanks! I'll check it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by