WTB: Chick availability in Arizona

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by noisyroo, Dec 30, 2010.

1. noisyroo

noisyroo Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2010
    New River Az
    LONG-time BYC contributors (under different ID) who are new Az residents (moved here from Seattle) and we are looking for a few chicks to buy and restart our addiction/Hobby.

Don't want to order 25 or more and wish to pick our breeds.

Favorites and must-have are Americaunas! Any other gentle light-colored breed such as Light Brahmas or Cochins.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

2. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Go to the Mahonri's New Year's Day hatch thread in the Incubating and Hatching Forum. Lots of chicks being hatched in the Phoenix area today and tomorrow!!! You could PM some of them for their extras!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Yeah, I suspect there will some extras. Plus, if you dont mind mutt-chickens and project birds, you can PM Alohachickens. She and I will be hatching pretty regularly until April.

You gotta be careful with the cochins here. Mine always croak as soon as it hits 100.

4. noisyroo

Dec 11, 2010
    New River Az
    Thank you, Just sent Mahonri an e-mail and am looking forward to meeting up with some of you.

5. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    I've just hatched out some chicks. I've got a handful of Phoenix, Some Olive Eggers, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Mottled Houdans and White Silkie Chicks. I'm a bit further south of you, maybe 35 minutes or so, depending on where you are in the valley. I've got more still trying to hatch too. All are unsexed straightrun. I do take back any that are unwanted roosters. If your interested, you can send me an email thru the email link by my name.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  6. noisyroo

Dec 11, 2010
    New River Az
    Skivees,I sent you an e-mail with phone numbers etc.

Were willing to drive to Casa Grande to get some of your chicks to start our new Az flock!

We have the coop and run ready!!!!!!!

Please call if you wish.

Kevin and Niki

7. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    Replied [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by