WTB Chicks 4 weeks (preferably 6 weeks) and up!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Quiobole, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Quiobole

Quiobole Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    I would like to buy some chicks that are 4 weeks, preferably 6, and up.

I'm sort of afraid of getting day old chicks because IMO I think they're way too little to be put through the stress of shipping.

That's why I prefer some a bit older, preferably pullets, but if there is a roo in the mix I'll think about it. [​IMG]

Anyway, the breeds I would like to have include:

Polish - Anything other than buff since I already have 2 buff orpingtons. White crested black, or black crested white are nice. [​IMG] Silver laced are awesome![​IMG] Of course I would like to see any other kind someone may have! [​IMG]

Phoenix, Onagadori, or Yokohama - I guess these would have to be roos. [​IMG]

Silkies - I would prefer one as tall as possible. So if its parents are tall, send it over! [​IMG] I want it to be tall enough that the stray cats on my street won't think it'll be to easy to grab and also so that the hawks that usually fly around think it's too big to carry. (It'll probably think it's a dog anyway [​IMG]) I've searched this forum and one person said that their silkie roo was about 15 inches tall and that the hen was about 12 inches. Don't know if that's true or not but that sounds pretty good to me. [​IMG]

If anyone has any other kinds of breed please tell me. I would still like to see them! [​IMG]

Thank you everybody for your time!

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Actually by the wonder of nature, day olds ship better than older birds cause they don't need to eat or drink for the first 2 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by