WTB Chocolate Maran eggs???

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I didn't know there was such a Maran but I have a customer who wants me to hatch out some chocolate Marans for him. Anyone have any eggs??

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've never heard of a chocolate Marans. Are you sure he's not referring to the color of their eggs? Lots of people describe the eggs as chocolate colored. I'd say mine are like a chocolate color.

3. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I bet that's what he means. I have them,but I'm not shipping until the weather gets cooler.Maybe your friend can find them locally.

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    If he doesn't know anymore than that...he doesn't need them!! [​IMG] I specifically asked him if he meant the marans that lays the dark chocolate colored eggs. I thought there was a chocolate color that I didn't know anything about! Thanks...

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hey, you never know, he might have some super rare chocolate colored marans. If there are chocolate orps, there could be chocolate marans... one in a million chance, but hey, it could happen. Ask him to see the adult birds.

6. Yanna

Yanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Maybe he was thinking "copper black" and said chocolate by mistake?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by