1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Chukar eggs-TN.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrylady, Jan 9, 2009.

1. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I am looking for some Chukar eggs. I would like at least 2 or 3 doz. if anyone has any please let me know. thanks!

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    My understanding is that they are seasonal layers, and don't really start laying until March/April timeframe. [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    There is someone on ebay that claims theirs are laying now. I think they are in TN so maybe that's why (it was at the bottom of a quail egg auction, so it wasn't an actual listing).

4. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    I communicated with a person selling Chukar eggs on ebay a couple of weeks ago...never purchased from them, only emailed to confirmed availability.

Their email address is: paintedponies38@yahoo.com

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I wonder if they have them indoors on light-timers to get them to lay now. [​IMG]

6. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I just ordered 120 chukar last night from a local gal here. If you want her number, pm me and I'll get it for you...she might be able to tell you where to buy eggs.

I can't believe what I'm spending per bird this year...OY! [​IMG]

7. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I wonder if they have them indoors on light-timers to get them to lay now. [​IMG]

My email to the ebayer was an inquiry as to availability around first of March. Their reply was: "That's great! Hopefully they'll be laying full force by then!"...very much in line with your earlier post.​

8. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:My email to the ebayer was an inquiry as to availability around first of March. Their reply was: "That's great! Hopefully they'll be laying full force by then!"...very much in line with your earlier post.

Ahhh... thought so! [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
  10. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    Thanks for the info. I emailed the person from Tn. so maybe I will hear something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by