WTB Clean Legged Marans Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by smith2, Jan 19, 2009.

1. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    I would like to buy day old Marans chicks of the clean legged variety. I am planning on some experimental breeding with the clean legged varieties. I cannot pay a fortune at this time. I can pick-up within a few hours drive of Paris, TN. Will also consider hatching eggs, but would really like clean-legged chicks. Black Copper or Wheaten would be my ideal choices.

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    You can find a list of hatcheries that carry clean-leg marans here:
    http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_003.htm

I love Marans. Of all the chicks I've bought lately, the Marans are the fastest growing. Very solid and heavy compared to other breeds the same age.

I've got a couple that should start laying this month, and I can't wait to see how dark their eggs are!

Kathy in Texas

3. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I have clean legged Cuckoo Maran chicks available now. They are $2. each. Sold straight run. I have the parent flock so you can see them. They are a very nice flock. I live in Delano, Tn. in Polk Co. zip 37325 if you want to mapquest it and see how far away, or how close I am to you.

4. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Quote:Thanks, my mom, dad, and brother all live in Polk County. I am very familiar with Delano. Will you have any in March? That is my next break from school and I won't be coming that way until the third week in March (spring break).

5. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    Well my goodness, I wonder if I know any of your family? Anyway, yes I will have chicks all the time now until Nov. of this year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by