WTB: Dairy Goats, Western PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mangled, May 23, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

The pair of dairy goats we had reserved have been sold out from under us, so we are back to square one. [​IMG]

We are located approx. 60 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, near Clarion County, in Armstrong County. Our zip is 16028.

We're hoping to find a pair of dairy goats, a male and female, unrelated for our home use. We plan on breeding the female only when she needs freshening, they will not be used for meat.

Anyone have any available within maybe 60-75 miles of us? Our truck is miserable on gas, and we just simply can't afford to go much farther.

Thanks-
    Em

2. beechtreeacres

beechtreeacres New Egg

Jan 7, 2008
    Hi Em,

Sure wish you lived closer. I live in eastern NC. I raise Nigerian dwarf goats. They are wonderful, sweet, loving, milk machines. I get an average of 1 1/2 quarts a day from each one. I just had 12 kids in one month. I have some older adults, too. I am very particular about who buys them. I will not sell them for meat. I wish you luck finding a pair. If I were coming your way, I would bring you a pair.

I can't believe the price of gas. :eek: I got a new Tundra last April. I love it and thank goodness my paying job is only 12 miles from the farm. I get 13 miles to the gallon. I try to go to town only once a week.

Good luck with your search.

Verna [​IMG]

3. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a young male la moncha named Chance I may need to rehome. DH says I bought too many billies. He is a black and tan a few months old he is currently about 15inches tall and should not grow to be over 25, I would guess closer to 21 or 22 at the top of his back. He is very, very sweet. I really don't want to part with him cause I have grown kinda attached to him. But it looks like I may have to in order to get another nanny. I am at 18603. I paid $75 for him, so that is all I am asking for him. I would really like to get him a good home and am not intrested in making money off him. If you are intrested email me at [email protected] or you can just let me know here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by