1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Dark Chocolate Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicken stalker, Oct 11, 2009.

1. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    My kids have been wanting dark eggs since we first got chickens over a year ago. Tonight as we were making chocolate cookies I was reminded again of thier longing. I would love to make this happen for my kids. I've been looking but the prices are way to high for us.

I would like some inexpensive, nice dark eggs (any marans color would be fine...they just want dark egg layers). Three would be nice and maybe 3 olive eggs to round out the order. Thanks.

2. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    In about 5 months cadbury should be comming out with there candy intime for easter they may have a dark chocolate egg this year they come 3 to a pack for about $1.50 a pack [​IMG]

I seen the post and just had to [​IMG] Good luck on finding some eggs [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If you're concerned about the price you could always get some welsummers. They lay a very pretty dark egg and generally aren't so expensive. I don't have mine anymore, but they were nice birds.

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    There are also some pretty good sellers on ebay that have some pretty dark eggs including Marans for some not to bad prices.

Welsummers are dark, Penedesenca's are dark, there are others as well. Do some research, you may be surprised.

Laurie

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    bargain has both BC Marans and Welsummer eggs for sale. Send her a PM and she what her prices are.

6. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:[​IMG] When I first told my husband about the chocolate eggs he thought that was what I was talking about. He couldn't understand why they cost so much [​IMG]

Thanks for all your responses. I've been in contact with a couple people here on BYC. I need to time it just right...hmmm Thanksgiving hatch or Christmas?

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I have Welsummers and also Olive eggers. The olive eggers will be first generation (Ameraucana hens mated to Welsummer roos )

Here's a pic of some of my welsummer eggs.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by