WTB - DARK Marans eggs, Penedesenca, or Olive Eggers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cyanne, Mar 3, 2009.

1. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My little silkie hen, Mumu, has gone broody again and I am looking for some eggs to put under her. My goal right now is to add some new colors to my egg basket. I would like to get some really dark eggs. I know the BC marans are the darkest but can get pretty expensive plus I'm not really overly fond of the color of the actual birds. [​IMG]

Would prefer a blue variety of Marans if I can find some with dark enough eggs (say a 5 or better on the Marans chart?).

Option 2 is the Crele Penedesenca. I know the Penedesencas can lay some pretty dark eggs and as a bonus I love the crele color. And, as an added bonus, this is a breed that my hubby really likes so he wouldn't be as grumpy about adding new chickens to the flock. Would like to find some of these from lines that lay a nice, dark egg.

The final option is to add some blue or Olive to the mix. I currently have plenty of EEs laying the light greenish blue eggs but would love to get some of the crosses that produce the dark green eggs or some pure Ameraucana's that lay the true blue eggs.

Mumu is a powerhouse hatcher, but not very big so she can only sit on about 8 eggs max. Please PM me if you have 6 to 8 eggs of the above breeds.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I could send you some olive eggs of a hen bred to a blue cuckoo marans, and a few copper black eggs, say three and three. and if you let the babies all run together you would eventually end up with all the colors you wanted, except for blue eggs. [​IMG]

3. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have some crele penedesencas but I'm trying to get enough for me right now. Got 2 old hens,1 young pullet and 1 old rooster [​IMG] . It's a slow go. Maybe in may or june . Remind me later if your still looking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by