WTB : Day-old chick(s) Middle Tennessee

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NashChic, Sep 6, 2009.

1. NashChic

NashChic Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    I've had a really bad hatch and it seems I may only get one poor little Australorp chick out if it. I'm looking for a companion or 2 for this little guy...something hatched around September 5. Not terribly picky about the breed as long as it's from healthy stock.

Thanks!

2. Preservation Acres

Preservation Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Hi. Murfreesboro here. I know a guy south of Murfreesboro if you're willing to drive some. He has lots of chickens all ages and many breeds. I just bought an australorp from him to replace a hen that died.

Let me know if you're willing to drive that far, and I'll send you his email address.

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I wish I could help you out this time but I didn't hatch anything this week...Silkies next week and I'll be hatching all month long after that.
    Sorry to hear you had a bad hatch.How are the "kids" doing?

4. NashChic

May 14, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    If you don't mind PMing me with his info, that would be great. I don't mind driving... especially if I can't find something closer... and especially if he happened to have a breed I really want. Thanks so much for the reply!

5. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Will do. Let me look up his email address, and I'll send it to you.

6. Preservation Acres

Dec 31, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Just sent you a PM.

Let me know how it goes!

Good Luck!

He sold me my Australorp pullet for $10. She's almost laying age.

7. NashChic

May 14, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    Quote:Yeh, I saw you weren't hatching until later this month [​IMG]

The "kids" are doing great. CutiePie is feathering on her legs nicely. I need to get some pics. The EE's have been a pleasant surprise. They're the only "mutts" in my mix, but they have beautiful markings. Everyone that sees the chicks bypasses my purebreds and comments how gorgeous they are! [​IMG] And the Andalusians are wilder than jackrabbits, but they're just as pretty as they can be! Everyone seems healthy and happy, so I'm pleased.

I can't believe I find myself in the same situation again with a lonely chick [​IMG] I really doubt the other will do anything. I could still see a bit of light at the bottom when I candled on day 18. But I'm giving it extra time, just in case.

8. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    i have a few that are about a week if that would work i am in dickson tn

9. NashChic

May 14, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    Quote:Thank you. I'd rather have something a little closer in age, but if I can't find anything I'll definitely keep yours in mind. What kind do you have?

10. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    I'm 15 min. from Nashville. But I only have silkie 3 wks and a hatch the 17th. Promiselandfarm's is close maybe she has something you might like.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by