WTB - Day old chicks -std size - so NY or surrounding - will pickup

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by McGoo, May 20, 2011.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking to put a few baby chicks under a broody hen. I am willing to pickup at hatch time.
    I live in southern NY, so aside from NY, anywhere in north NJ, W CT, W Ma would work.
    Americaunas, Aracaunas, EEs, Delaware, Wyandottes. Prefer winter hardy and good lines, if possible

Thanks
    Colleen

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Hi Colleen-

Im not understanding your WTb ad?[​IMG] You are putting fake eggs under a broody hen and will wait the 3 weeks of fake incuabtion time and want to pick up 3-5 chicks to replace he fake eggs with??? Or you want 3-5 chicks now?

3. McGoo

Sorry for any confusion. I definitely want the one day old chicks. And I recognize that they would need to be a pickup. Thanks.

4. McGoo

I am definitely interested in chicks, not eggs. Sorry for any confusion. [​IMG] I changed the message.

5. marquisella

marquisella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    I have hatching tuesday, Blue laced red wyandottes and black copper & blue copper Ameraucanas.
    Blrws are $6 each and the Marans are $8 each. I live in Vernon, west of Utica on Rt 5.

Quote:

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  6. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Oh You just missed it my broody hatched out 3 Rumpless Araucana chicks three days ago [​IMG]

The only breeds I've got ready to hatch are silkies so I hope someone can help you!!

7. McGoo

Thank you both. Marquisella is too far away - darn.
    Beth G. where are you in CT?
    Thanks again,
    Colleen

8. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Quote:I live right outside New Haven. I'm about 1 hr 10 mins from Westchester Airport. I have 15 Araucana eggs in the bator as we speak. They will be due around the 10th of June.

9. McGoo

Well.... if my broody is still broody, I may come by, but please don't count on me since I'm hoping to break her of it in the meantime.
    Thanks so much, Colleen

10. McGoo

Thanks Sue. All is well. Momma and chicks have bonded. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by