WTB Does anyone in Indiana have EE or Ameraucana bantams?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Jan 6, 2009.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd love to get a couple of bearded ladies.

2. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hey FrontPorchIndiana, If you find someone with one more than you want let me know. I am looking for one too. I would even settle for an spare EE bantam rooster as long as it has muff/beard and pea comb.

3. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Will do Rando. Worse comes to worse maybe we could split an order from Cackle hatchery later this spring?

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    If you're looking for true Ameraucanas, go to www.ameraucana.org and look at the Breeder List. I think Mike Gilbert is in Indiana but can't remember for sure.

You should read the "History" page, John Blehm's article on BYC, and other articles about "Ameraucanas" so you have a full understanding of the difference between a true Ameraucana and those called by similar names which are actually EE's.

I only suggest this not as an insult but as a friendly suggestion so you know what you're getting into beforehand if you don't already.

God Bless,

5. Old Rando

Old Rando Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That sounds like a plan FrontPorchIndiana. After March Cackle Hatchery has a minimum of 15 bantam order. If you don't find what you're looking for elsewhere, I could handle a split order. Keep in touch.

Thanks Tailfeathers, I am familiar with the differences of Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers and I think FrontporchIndiana does too. Mike Gilbert lives in Wisconsin.

Rando

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  6. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    My little sister raises bantam Ameraucanas. I know she will have hatching eggs for sale and some young roosters. I am not sure if she is selling any of her hens. Here is our website www.geocities.com/heavenlyspringsnubians just look under chickens. Right now, she has lavendar and black ones.

7. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Thanks, I'll keep your sister in mind. I'm trying to get away from black but the lavender is kinda pretty. I'm really just looking for some muffed and bearded EEs. My little flock of EEs is starting to go beardless so I'd like to bring in a few bearded ladies.

8. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    Right now, she has a rooster and hen that she will sell. They are EEs. They are purebred Ameraucanas but the wrong color. They are black with a little brown in their feathers. Their mother is a silver and father was a black. They just hatched out last summer or fall. I am not sure. Please email for price, I have to talk to her to see how much she wants.
    THanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by