WTB duck eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by emvickrey, Nov 1, 2010.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have a lonely duckling and really could use more eggs to incubate to get it a buddie or so. I can trade EE eggs if somebody might want to do a trade. If you have ducklings that are about a week old and live close enough for me to pick up that would be great also. What I have is Pekin. It would be nice to have the same but i'll take what I can get so it has company. It's growing so fast it has passed up the chicken chicks I have by triple the size. I"m afraid they may get hurt so poor duckie is all alone.

DH works in Mayfield and can pick up something when he gets off work after 8 am, or trade eggs with somebody. Or we can come out on the weekend.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Pretty sure I"m too far (southern KY near lake Cumberland), but I have a 2-day old, a 3-week old, and a 5-week old duckling....all pekins and all girls. The 2 older ones are for sure girls, but I'm 95% sure the baby is too.

3. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I don't know where Lake Cumberland is. Is it anywhere near LBL. DH may be going to Murray this saturday after work to pick up a silkie roo. The buddy for my duck needs to be young. The one I have hatched out on oct 25th so it's a week old.

I say he may be going but i'm sure he will. He's as bad as I am if not worse about the chickens. lol

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Well if you don't get the duckling from Shelley let me know and I'll ship you some Pekin eggs for just the shipping. I have Pekin eggs coming out of my ears. LOL

Laurie

5. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Somebody had sent me a dozen pekin eggs and I had problems with my incubator and only 2 made it to lock down. The one I have hatched the same day as lock down and the other didn't make it. It was my first time hatching duck eggs. I may have done something wrong with that other one. I candled when I put them n lock down and they both had alot of movement. When I opened it up it looked fine but it never pipped and was dead. I need to get an education on ducks.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Land between the Lakes is in Western KY, Lake Cumberland is in South-Central. We are about 1 1/2 hours east of Bowling Green if you know where that is [​IMG]

7. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:Land between the Lakes is in Western KY, Lake Cumberland is in South-Central. We are about 1 1/2 hours east of Bowling Green if you know where that is [​IMG]

Your right, that is too far. Thanks for the offer though.

8. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have some Muscovies that age. Metcalfe Count, KY

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I have crested and non crested pekin eggs. Just got a report from a first time duck hatcher that he hatched out 5 of 7 eggs shipped to him which is great for shipped eggs and especially duck.

Let me know if I can help you. Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by