1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB - ducks: Iowa/Illinois area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by living2ride, May 12, 2008.

1. living2ride

living2ride Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    I just somehow screwed up a whole batch of duck eggs in the incubator. 20 developed, pipped and then died. I was extremely disappointed and I'm not sure I want to do that again anytime soon. So...

I would like 3-6 ducklings. What I had tried to hatch were Golden Cascades, and that would be my first choice, next I would take Anconas, and I'd consider Cayugas too.

If anyone near the Quad City area has any of these breeds of ducklings, I'd love to hear from you. Probably a shot in the dark, but I figured I may as well give it a try! [​IMG]

2. living2ride

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Bumpity bump

3. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    If you get real desparate I have some cross ducklings for sale. These are all that I have hatched from my own eggs. I currently have 12 that are between a couple days and 2 weeks. I have a black swedish cross drake, a rouen hen ( wild duck hen looking), and a cayuga hen. If you are interested I can send you some pics. I am between Waterloo and Cedar Rapids Iowa. Jenn

4. living2ride

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Thank you so much, but I was hoping for purebreds of one of those breeds. I can get some Rouens from my neighbor, which I really like too, but we thought it would be more fun to get something different. I appreciate the offer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by