1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Eggs for Bantam Cochin mix or other broody Bantam mix

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Animal123Animal, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    Hello All
    I would love to get some eggs to hatch out I have large birds that don't sit on there own eggs and would like to have a few little hens to help me out with hatching eggs. I'm not real big on silkie. I have had them before and there not my favorite breed. I do like Cochins or a mixed breed that would be calm and a good setter. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend Dennis

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    I have Columbian and Golden Laced Cochin bantams. Both are good setters. Pictures at "horstmanspoultry.com"

3. buzzard barn

buzzard barn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    California, MO
    We have Naked Necks , Mille Fleur Cochins, & Showgirls that are all good setters & we are getting eggs on these now. We will have Blue Splash & Black Cochins, including frizzle versions that should start laying soon. Our breeding stock is our show stock.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have several eggs from my OEG/OEG mix LF girls. They are not as big as a 'regular' LF hen, about 3-4 pounds. They are super-broodies and excellent mommas. One of my girls fought a Cooper's hawk off from her babies last fall [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by