WTB Eggs to hatch...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nmantime, Dec 26, 2010.

1. nmantime

nmantime Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Looking for the following eggs;
    Ameraucana- not EE's
    Chantecler - White or Partridge
    Faverolles
    Naked Neck
    Orpington
    Sussex - Speckled
    Welsumer

Looking to purchase eggs from quality birds.
    Please respond with pics and prices if you have any of these eggs available.

Thanks
    Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'm working on getting started on breeding welsummers. I have a pair right now, but I'm going to be hatching some unrelated females for my rooster as soon as I can. (already have eggs lined up) My hen is currently molting, so at the moment, she is not laying.

Here's my rooster:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my current hen, her head is a bit bald from a young roo:
    [​IMG]

Some other great breeders of Welsummers here on BYC are Pinkchick, SFIcelandics, Tailfeathers.

I do have pure Ameraucana's, but they are covered by my welsummer rooster, so the offspring would be olive eggers.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:Norm, I have Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, I'll be offering hatching eggs and chicks in the springtime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have Buff Orpingtons, but I do have English type Blue, Black, Splash Orpingtons that are in my opinion, some of the most gorgeous birds around. My birds are still young, but I will also have eggs and chicks available in the springtime for this breed, too.

[​IMG]

My young rooster, a Splash Orpington named Edmund.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm in Oakland, too! Feel free to check out my website (the link is in my signature) for more pictures. Where are you at in the Bay?

4. nmantime

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Morning Jeremy... Good looking birds you have. I live in Vallejo. I would be interested in some Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas as early as possible. I really am looking to get the incubators going in January if i can find some quality eggs. I really like the splash Orpingtons also. Put me on your list for contacts if you have one.
    Thanks
    Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

5. nmantime

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks Happy Chooks for the update on the additional Welsummers breeders. Will contact to see if they are selling eggs. let me know when your welsummer hens start laying. I already have a couple of olive egg layers and really want some pure Ameraucana's.

Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:Thank you! I expect my Ameraucanas to start laying by the end of the month, I will put you down for eggs. Vallejo isn't far at all! I wouldn't even have to ship them to you.

With the Orpingtons, there will be a chance of both blue and splash chicks that hatch. If you only wanted splash birds, I could hatch for you, select the splash chicks and deliver them to you that way.

How many eggs are you interested in?

7. nmantime

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    I would love to get about 8-10 Ameraucana eggs and 6+ Orpington eggs.
    Would that work?

Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

Quote:Thank you! I expect my Ameraucanas to start laying by the end of the month, I will put you down for eggs. Vallejo isn't far at all! I wouldn't even have to ship them to you.

With the Orpingtons, there will be a chance of both blue and splash chicks that hatch. If you only wanted splash birds, I could hatch for you, select the splash chicks and deliver them to you that way.

How many eggs are you interested in?

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I think the largest order of Ameraucana eggs I'll be able to supply at one time is 6 to 8 eggs, as my flock is small and in high demand. However, I'll easily be able to give you a dozen Orp eggs when the time comes.

9. nmantime

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    OK Jeremy that will be fine, 6-8 Ameraucana eggs. Just let me know when and how much and we can meet somewhere to deliver. I work in Point Richmond and my schedule is fairly flexible so we should be able to set up a convenient time. Thanks again

Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

P.S. you can pm me here or email me :[email protected]

10. nmantime

Jan 12, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Still looking for any naked necks and sussex, orps or Chantecler - White or Partridge, Faverolles

Norm in N.CA [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by