WTB: Female chukar in Northern CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SilverPhoenix, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    This is a slightly strange request and I know it might not be fulfilled, but I'm looking for a single female chukar in need of a boyfriend! I have a wonderful adult male chukar named Zebra who likes hanging with the chickens, but he could use a gal of his own species to talk to and romance. Does anybody in Sacramento area (I'm in Penn Valley but willing to drive up to an hour, maybe more) have a female chukar? I'd prefer an adult, but I'd be happy to take a younger female if need be. I just don't like keeping any critter of a species alone, so I'd love for him to have a match. [​IMG] If you have more than one female chukar I may take two or three but probably not more than that.

I saw an ad for chukar on Craigslist in the Sacramento area, but they were chicks and had a 10 chick minimum. [​IMG] I really don't need that many chukar!

2. chickenwhisperer

chickenwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Chicken Country, U S A
    That was my ad . . .
    I saw yours, but I didnt email cause mine are chicks . . .

I sold all I really wanted to, but if you really want 1 or 2, I can do it.
    They are young tho, only a week old, and cant tell the sex yet . . .

Chukars arent very common on CL . . .
    With the response that I got, Im surprised you didnt have people asking you to sell them your single bird . . .

I got good money for my chukars, but Ill hook you up because your a BYCer . . . $10 for 3 if you want(your sure to get at least 1 female Id think)

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, awesome, thank you so much! I'm away on a trip in LA right now, but I'll drop you a PM when I get back and we'll figure out a good time to meet up! I'd love to take a few off your hands and really appreciate you responding and giving me a deal. [​IMG] I will give them a great home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by