WTB floral cream or zipper cream pea seeds!

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
If you are from NW florida these are everywhere and you should know what they are. I can't find them here in TX and I am SOOOOOO craving a taste of home!!

Anyone have any? I know exactly where they used to be sold in Milton, Jay and Pace but the guy who used to run the feed store in Jay passed a way a few years ago (my step grandfather) and I've lost touch.

Please email me, not always able to get to BYC lately! I'm looking to set these before good friday.

Mu DH is from Georgia, (Bainsbridge area) and his folks use to grow a pretty bean called "lady fingers". are these the same thing? I would love to grow them again, she would shell most of them, but then snap the small ones and freeze them. they are just wonderful. I would be delighted to find out these are the same thing!!!

Not the same as lady fingers, though it's been YEARS since I heard of them!

Thanks for the links! I was hoping someone here had them but looks like I'll be buying online
big_smile.png

KD..Im with ya..there is no other pea like the zippers..I'm from the Lake City/Gville area!!..Zippers, cornbread and a ripe tomato!!

btw..I go back home every year and freeze/can zippers and white acres!!

My mom is planning on going home for easter, hopefully she'll be able to pick some up for both of us, along with the FL speckled butter bean and purple hull peanuts.
I was able to find the butter beans here today, the feed store is looking into getting the zipper creams for me from the feed store in Lubbock (that ebay link above). And do you realize how hard it is to buy regular old dent corn out here? Sheesh! I'm not a sweet corn fan, grew up eating dent corn but I did finally find some!

My 1/3 of an acre is going to be packed this summer.

Back
Top Bottom