WTB Freindly Bantam Pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by killions123, Oct 18, 2009.

1. killions123

killions123 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Ashland OH
    I would like a pair of bantams that are extremly freindly for my 3 year old. He does a great job with the ones we have now but they dont like being picked up and they are standard size. I would like feather footed ones that love to be hugged and carried around:D. We live in north central ohio. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hey there, if you ever come to KY, I have some young bantam cochins. They are feather-footed, and the cochins are well-known for their lap-bird status [​IMG] Let me know if you're interested [​IMG]

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    yep those or silkies would be a good choice. I think children and silkies go hand in hand, or shpoulkd I say hand in claw lol

4. killions123

Aug 9, 2009
    Ashland OH
    I wish you guys were closer.

5. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    Quote:I'd suggest bantam cochins for a child so young. They tend to be very tolerant in handling and can be quite friendly and sweet. D'Anvers are small and also very curious and friendly. D'Anvers don't have feathered feet though. D'Uccles do and they can be quite friendly if raised with lots of handling. My little Old English love to be held but they again, are clean legged. A frizzle cochin may interest him too with the curly feathers and cochin disposition. [​IMG]

Sorry, I don't have any at this time but thought I'd mention some good types for a youngster like your son [​IMG]

T

6. killions123

Aug 9, 2009
    Ashland OH
    Thanks for your info. I think we will be getting a cochin pair for him. Someone had partridge ones for sale but he did not like the colors. He wants something very colorful. We are going to the poultry nationals in two weeks so I will let him look there. I think he would like the millie fleur color are lemon blue for cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by