WTB: French Black Copper Maran SHOW QUALITY -willing to pay $$$-

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by organicfoltzfamilyfarm, Dec 23, 2009.

1. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
    We decided we're not going to buy the non-feather leg variety.

We are looking for SHOW QUALITY French Black Copper Maran hatching eggs. Possibly 2 dozen. I know what they can go for on E-bay and all that jazz.

Send prices to PM and pictures on this thread.

Also I was advised to ask for pics and results from 5 generations.
    Thanks so much!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Check out the Hatching eggs for sale section.

I have some of Pasofino farms eggs in my bator right now. And the eggs are DARK.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    most of the people selling on here have not had their birds for five generations and don't have exact breeding records of every bird, just their roos and the flock of hens, if that. I think if you are wanting that kind of info, to be real, you are going to have to gamble on the best eggs you can get, keep meticulous records yourself and get back to us in five generations.... Not trying to be harsh, just calling it like it is.
    How much are you willing to pay for these two dozen eggs? You can PM me if you like.

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Well I believe the French are the feather legged variety I think the non feathered are referred to as just Black Copper Marans.

I raise my birds on Natures Best certified organic feed and using only organic methods although I do vaccinate for Mareks as day olds they free range on land that uses only organic methods and was woods before I cleared it for the coop so I am certain that they are as close to organic as possible. I don't know if that is an issue for you but I mention it because of your BYC name.

Mine have feathered legs as they are FBCM but I can offer you either chicks, juveniles (later in the spring) or hatching eggs. I can only do up to 18 eggs at a time though. They started out as a 5 on the color chart, and pics can be seen on my BYC page. 18 eggs would be $63 shipped Chicks depend on age. I dont know if mine are SQ but I have been selecting based on the standard that is being proposed.

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I am very happy with my birds that came from SoCalMarans... Super kind birds. I also got some fabulous Paul Bradshaw birds... Wonderful also.. I am very delighted with Cree farms also. Those are my personal top 3 Faves on the Wade Jeanne end of things. The color and hardiness of the birds are great. They lay the best egg color. The transactions with these farms are delightful and smooth. My favorite birds for friendliness are SoCal... Nice gal to purchase from... Good luck Cree Farms in WA state carries both lines.. I have 3 types of her birds... Wonderful.

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I've sent you a pm and will be editing this post and sending more information here as well. All our birds are feathered feet and we are breeding to meet the anticipated APA standards. We are now on our third generation of birds and we are very pleased with our work so far. I do have some pics in BSA Auction archives. We full time chemical free farm and I'll be away from the computer most of today on special farm projects and work. Will get back with you as soon as I can.

Have a Blessed Day and Happy New Year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by