WTB French Cuckoo Marans from dark egg lines. Or solid blacks.

BeardedLadyFarm

Songster
10 Years
May 31, 2009
Cobleskill NY
I am aware that cuckoo's eggs are seldom as dark as other varieties, but decent cuckoo eggs do exist! I have one Cuckoo hen who lays a gorgeous egg, I'm just looking for some more stock to put with her.

I believe she came indirectly from Ron Presley's line, but I believe his flock has been dispersed. If anyone is working with this line, or another line of feather legged, dark egged Cuckoo's kindly message me. I could take adults, chicks, or eggs.

I could also be interested in a SOLID black Marans cockerel/rooster.

Many Thanks!
Bailey

Bailey, not sure if this is what you are looking for as I don't know how dark your cuckoo is already laying??? Mine are "gold" cuckoo though, but here is there egg color. It does vary some day to day and have even gotten darker that is what in this picture, one hen lays darker than the other. These eggs are darker than what they hatched from, I would hope that their offspring would have even darker.
smile.png

Front eggs are a cream and orp tan just to show difference.
49849_dsc05740.jpg

Quote:
I'm looking for "regular" cuckoos, or silver cuckoos as some call them. I do love the golds, but they're not what I'm looking for at the moment. Your eggs look very nice. My one hen lays a big shiny "7" colored egg. She doesn't lay them very often though, but she's a big beautiful bird, and I'd like to breed her before she gets too old.

I'll let you know when I'm looking to branch out into Golden Cuckoos though!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom