WTB: French wheaten marans chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HeatherB, Nov 1, 2010.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    Ellsworth Twp, OH
    This seems to be a hard breed to get ahold of, and of course it's the one I decided I really wanted! [​IMG] Does anyone sell wheaten marans chicks, or can someone point me in the right direction?

I would need to have them shipped, or I can pick up within 150 miles of zip 44401.

Thanks!
    Heather

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I myself won't be shipping chicks until Spring, but I know quite a few breeders, including myself, who have hatching eggs. Mine are both Wheaten and Blue Wheaten.

As for your state - I don't know anyone there with Wheatens, sorry.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Oh goodness.

PM me please, I'd love some Blue Wheaten Marans hatching egg for my New Year's Hatch. YIKES! I didn't even know they existed!

4. HeatherB

HeatherB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    Ellsworth Twp, OH
    Quote:Illia,

I haven't had much luck yet with eggs, but would be more than happy to try! [​IMG] What do you have available?

And I have to say... I love the pictures of Josephine, Bowie and Spike. But, chickens aside, you have an awesome yak [​IMG] I think if I brought that home, I'd be divorced!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Mahonri - Got your PM, replied. [​IMG]

HeatherB - Thanks. He sure is a sweetie-pie and an amazing animal.

Currently I'm collecting some of my own Wheaties to collect for this next hatch, but I have Blue Wheaten and Wheaten eggs available in a week. At that time, it should take me a week to gather up a dozen eggs.

6. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    You might try Jeanette Rowzee McGee. She has a website, MaransofMS.com; I know she is showing birds at the Heart of the Ozarks show this coming weekend, but she usually sells very nice quality chicks are very fair prices. You can see her egg and bird pictures at the Marans of America Club website.

Good Luck!
    Carrie, owned by a couple of Bernese Mtn Dogs, and a whole mess of birds, including French Blue, Black, White and Black Copper Marans, but sorry no Wheatons. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by