WTB: Geese & Muscovies, OR, WA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Looking for:

Muscovy ducks
    *chocolates
    *barred
    *blues

Sebastopol geese

For Sale/trade:
    2 Cayuga ducks

2. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Have you tried Holderread's in Corvalis. They do an excellent job with their birds, and they have quite a selection. I know they have Sebastapols. Here's their website:

www.holderreadfarm.com

3. Rare Feathers Farm

I'm on their waiting list for an adult pair. I just need to save up about $200 and build them a pen! [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh I meant for an adult pair of Sebbies. They do not have Muscovies. [​IMG]

5. sjcummings

sjcummings Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2007
    Shippensburg, PA
    I have solid muscovy mainly right now in black and blue. I have other solid colors in chocolate and some pastels but they are young right now. I could be ready next year when they start to lay again. I also have white Sebastopole geese. [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

So do you ship? [​IMG] It would be way cheaper for me to go to Holderread's & pick out a super nice pair than to ship. [​IMG] I already have some muscovies--well, 34 of them. But they are all pieds with a few solids...I'm selling almost all of my pieds and wanting to get some more solids to house separately....

7. sjcummings

Feb 9, 2007
    Shippensburg, PA
    I didn't know if you would want eggs or ducklings. I have never shipped before and would have to be walked through what I would need to do

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Well, right now I've kind of run out of time to hatch anything out this year. My last eggs (salmon favs) are due to hatch this Sunday. We usually start getting deep freezes within a month & then snow until May! So I can't be having little downy babies out in the snow!

That said, I'm mostly interested in adults...but I've never shipped them or received them through the mail. The last time I checked, it involved blood work, paperwork & a few hundred dollars.

9. sjcummings

Feb 9, 2007
    Shippensburg, PA
    I had something take out some of my ducks earlier so I had put all my ducks together. that why I said spring that way they are all safe and seperated. Right now I only have adult males available.

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh, okay. Yeah, I've lost two in the last two days. One, overnight & one during the day. No feathers, no blood, no bodies, just gone. The overnight one was my young, holdback chocolate ripple drake. The other was a 2yo duck chocolate who I'm hoping is off being broody, but it's not like her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by