WTB German Shepard pup- Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MsMcChick, Nov 4, 2008.

1. MsMcChick

MsMcChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Hi all, i'm looking to buy/trade for a pup. I'd prefer something quite youngish, hopefully just weaned or under 12 weeks old (notice i said hopefully [​IMG] ) i'd actually wanted a St.Bernard or a Great Pyr, but hubby says the shepard is as big as we'll go for now. I'm in mid-lower MI, Barry county. It would be coming to live in the country on 8 acres of chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, horses, (possibly cattle if i find something good at the auction Thursday!), cats, parrots, rabbits and 3 other dogs.
    We had to put our old boy down 3 years ago next June and I have been hoping for another one since. Beamus was 14, had a good long life but ended up with kidney failure and cancer. I've got a beautiful Goldie, Daisy Mae, my daughter has a bratty Pug, Duke, and my son has a 3 legged Beagle, Belle-Ann. It would join a very boisterous, rowdy bunch of fun loving critters! Thanks ~Tracy

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hi, just to let ya know the female Great PY's average about the size of a GSD from what I've seen. I have two female white GSDs and a new GPY male puppy, all the adult females were about my shep's size, so there is still hope..[​IMG]

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    My daughter works for a GSD breeder as a puppy socializer. They have great dogs! He is a retired state policeman, used to be in charge of the police dogs. Now he breeds and trains them for police departments. I have no idea if they have pups right now, but usually have young adults available that for one reason or another won't pass the police test. I can check with her to see if they have any pups, if you are interested. They are in Eaton County.

4. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Vicki, Oh yeahh, i work in Eaton Co! Sure, that would be most helpful [​IMG] Thanks
    Chickenzoo, thanks for the info. I used to raise St.Bernards and the females I had were HUGE compared to the shepards i've seen, i figured the GPY were too, although i've only seen the males up close and personal as adults.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  5. kritter11

kritter11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Marion, IN
    Come on down and meet our GP's, Tracy....You'd fall in love w/ the female.[​IMG]
    I have an Anatolian Shepard male I'm going to cross her to.

6. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Did you see Chevygirlsbeth's pup that was dumped in her yard...it loks like a shep mix. I know she's in Ohio but...he's a cutie patootie.

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
  8. MsMcChick

Oct 3, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Thanks all, but hubby says a reg. german shepard [​IMG] Since i just bought a cow last night that hadn't been pre-approved, i'd better stick to my agreement! I went to the cow auction (which he knew about), and came home with a Scottish Highland heifer [​IMG] for a killer price! Yeah ME! ~Tracy

9. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    well, shipping sucks - but depending on what you're willing to pay - i got one of my gsd's from a breeder here in washington, and i LOVE him. she also breeds working dogs - check out her website www.vongrunheideshepherds.com - i'd go back to her for a puppy in a heartbeat (followed closely by hubby divorcing me and/or making me and the dogs go and live with the chickens...)...

hope that helps! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by