WTB: Ginger Orange Japanese Coturnix quail hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by farmgirlie1031, Jul 9, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Anyone have these to offer? How many and what price? Thanks.

2. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I might also want some British Range Japanese Quail eggs if you had those as well. Thanks. [​IMG]

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I only know of one breeder currently breeding the Ginger orange. That is my buddy Garrie Cox...at zebrafinch.com. I'm working on a Jumbo BLACK quail...which is the Double Factor British range bids...aka the pitch black ones.
    I dont know if I will be offereing any eggs from them this year.
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

4. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I bought these http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Ginger-Orange-Japanese-Coturnix-quail-hatching-eggs_W0QQitemZ200237055092QQihZ010QQcategoryZ46532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    and
    hatched out 3. So I was wanting some more to cross with them. But I guess he's the only one offering them? Maybe I'll have to buy from him again and hope my box doesn't get so shaken up by the post office. I know he would of replaced the 3 broken ones it said it there in the listing and my guess is the others that didn't hatch had scrambled yolks:(

Jumbo Blacks sound wonderful! Good luck:)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  5. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Yes garrie is very understanding when it comes to broken eggs. I just got some British range eggs from him and half were broken. He is sending me a all new order for just shipping.
    Great guy!
    [​IMG]

6. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:I just bought another batch of 10 from him. Here's hoping they make it here safely:) Is he a member of BYC forum?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  7. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    No. But me and him have been working on trying to create a Grey Coturnix here in the U.S. and also he is helping me with the Jumbo BLACK coturnix!

8. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:Well, thanks and good luck [​IMG] I just thought it would be fun to talk to him on here but I guess he's not on here [​IMG] I'd buy some jumbo blacks [​IMG] I don't care for the jumbo whites or any white bird really. I bet Grey ones are very pretty also.

9. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I have a batch of his British range in my incubator! Lol! I was thinking of Gingers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by