wtb goats milk in western pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dun chick, Aug 31, 2009.

1. dun chick

dun chick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm looking for goatsmilk to buy. I'm a soapmaker and looking for some sources north of pittsburgh. pm me if you can help.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Go to realmilk.com and there should be a link to goat milk dairies near you....If not I believe there are goat milk listings under Yahoo. there is one for SE Dairy for Yahoo..http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

Also try here:http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

I would gladly swap goat milk for goat soap...Sorry we're so far away!

Be Blessed and be a blessing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    I live in Polk, Pa & I have a neighbor that has dairy goats. She sells goat's milk locally.
    How far are you from Polk?

ETA: I am also an RN, horsewoman, and CP soapmaker!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  4. dun chick

Polk is still over an hour. A little too far to pick up milk. Wow we have a lot in common.

5. Paganbird

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    Sorry we're so far away. Good luck finding goat's milk. I have never tried milk in my soaps.
    Nice meeting you!
    [​IMG]

6. dun chick

I've been using buttermilk which really makes an amazing difference. IF you have acces to the goats milk then try it. We have a soapmakers thread in the hobbie forum if you are interested.

7. Paganbird

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    LOL!
    I'll have to check out the thread.
    Right now, I have a bunch of different species in the 'bator & I'm homeschooling 2 kids. I haven't made soap since spring.
    I really do need to get back to it, though. I bought a lot of fancy molds that I haven't even tried yet!
    My favorite ingredient is cocoa butter.

8. dun chick

I haven't used any cocoa butter. I use a little shea butter though. I only started this past year, did mp for a while. We live close to the amish near near morraine state park and I took a few lessons from an amish lady in new wilmington. I think I am addicted to soapmaking. Right now I have over 200 bars curing in my spare bedroom. I'm off work from being thrown from my horse two weeks ago with a acl tear so I've been soaping like crazy with my neighbor. What kind of nursing do you do?

9. Paganbird

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    Well, I used to be the night Charge Nurse on a stepdown (from ICU/Tele) floor. The hours became a bit too much for me (averaging 50+ per week), so I transferred to OB.
    I then got a job offer from the state. I now work for a state DPW facility. It's mostly management - almost no "real" nursing at all, but it pays well & I enjoy the extra time with my family.
    I used to go crazy with the soap-making, too. Now it seems I've moved my craziness on to birds.
    LOL!
    I knew I'd gone too far when I made my DH drive all the way past State College and back to Polk for 2 peachicks!!
    How many/what kind of horses do you have?
    I haven't ridden since June. A drunk on a 4-wheeler scared my horse & she bolted - I bailed. (I was bareback w/no bridle - she was headed for trees.) I didn't get hurt, just "significantly bruised."
    I haven't had a chance to ride since.
    Good luck with the ACL. I hear it's pretty painful.

10. dun chick

I work intensive care/stepdown for the last 14 years. Right now I've been home for two weeks and though a nice break I do miss it. I have another mri tommorow for them to figure out if it's healing or surgery is the route to go. I have 5 horses. A red dun stallion, two paint mares and we had our first babies on the farm. They are about 5 months(three weeks apart) an apricot dun filly named raine(she is a doll) and a dark bay dun named dakota(he is stunning). I still go a little crazy with the birds. we downsized to about 25 birds from over 100 this year. I was incubating and buying eggs like I was crazy. Most I gave away at 4h this spring and summer and kept my best purebred birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by