WTB Golden Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Germaine_11.20, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I saw some pictures of a GCM and fell in love. If anyone has hatching eggs for sale I would be interested.

Thank you.

2. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    golden cuckoo? got any pics of them? they sound pretty.

3. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    He was on the Maran thread But there are alot of pages!

4. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I probably wont be much help, but may help you find a few leads on some future Golden Cuckoo's. Quite a few BYC'ers are serious about improving the color/type of the Golden Cuckoo's, and several members have them or know about the Golden Cuckoo Marans Genetics as well. It may be helpful to ask any of them?

I have had Golden Cuckoo eggs from Nivtup - Don is one of the folks working on improving lines, and Pasofinofarm at http://www.nonesuchfarm.net/poultry.html (contact her for egg availability and prices). I had a poor hatch due to my incubator issues, all of Don's (Nivtup) eggs were fertile, just beautiful!

Also some BYC people with alot of information and birds are Birch Run Farm and krys109uk. I read in a post that Walkswithdog is getting eggs from someone this month too!

Gabbard farms (Julie Gabbard) sells a variety of Marans eggs, including Golden Cuckoo:
    GOLDEN CUCKOO MARANS (available to ship within 30+ days)
    $59.95 per dozen (6 eggs $31.95) (3 eggs $17.95) (1 egg $6.95)

Good Luck! Golden Cuckoos are sooo pretty, arent they??
    Tina

5. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh thank you! I have bought from Nivtup before and he has wonderful stock. I will check into the others also.
    I was about to give up. Thanks Tina!

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Sent you a PM.

7. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by