WTB: GOOD QUALITY BLRW roo - any color

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by slackwater, Mar 21, 2011.

1. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    The title says it all. Just lost my splash BLRW roo and am heartbroken. He was the sweetest, and most beautiful, rooster I've ever seen or had. And he's gone [​IMG]

The worst part - I hadn't started breeding him yet, so no babies!

Anyway, the show must go on, and I still have ladies looking for a man. Any eligible bachelors? I don't want to ship, so I'm looking in the MD/VA area.

Pics appreciated!

2. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    I have a extra blue cockerel available. He is from my birds I hatched from Foley's eggs.

Here he is @ 9 months: [​IMG]

I know you said you do not want to ship, but I have had good luck shipping birds (so far!). Of course, this guy is a big boy, so may be cost prohibitive to ship.

3. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    What does it cost you, on average, to ship?

4. MrsChickendad

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Depending on distance, it runs $40-50 plus $10 for the box. I ship on Monday late afternoon, bird USUALLY arrives Tuesday around noon.

This boy has been "tamed" by my 11 year old grandson and is extremely good natured. He will eat from your hand and is very good to his ladies (the bird, not the grandson . . .)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Why don't you check out the Chickenstocks index and see fi there are any near you - there's one in PA in May

6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Bah, too bad you aren't near me, I have an extra Splash blrw roo. Not sure how pretty he'll be yet, he's still a young'un. I don't think I'd ship him tho - and you probabably want one a little more mature anyways. [​IMG]

7. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Quote:I keep coming back to your roo.

He is BEAUTIFUL...is he still "stocking out?"

8. MrsChickendad

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Quote:Not quite sure what you mean, but I will take and post a photo of him today after I get my eggs shipped!

9. MrsChickendad

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Here are a couple of shots of him today. Probably look better if his tailfeathers weren't plucked out! He is just about one year old.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by