WTB Gray Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Frozen Feathers, May 26, 2008.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Prefer eggs, but chicks and adults wouldn't be bad either. I would like to buy Grays only please. I don't have room in my bator for colors I don't want. [​IMG]

I am looking to add new blood to my stock!! If you've got them available and they are out of nice lines, send me an e-mail or PM.

Thanks

2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm not sure what colors she has, but therealsilkiechick has silkies, maybe PM her? Not sure who else has 'em... [​IMG] Good luck! [​IMG]

3. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Thanks Crunchie!! I need all the luck I can get with finding grays.

4. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    How are greys different from the blues, I mean what is the difference, I always thought that grey is called blue in the chicken and duck world.

5. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I like to think of grays as more of pattern.
    I've got to get some updated pictures of my birds, but these are some of my grays.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This girl is too light, but she has excellent feet, so she stays...
    [​IMG]

Now some blues
    A bad picture of Bell who is currently broody (YAY!!)
    [​IMG]
    Sweet Gwen who passed away last year...she had so much potential... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Now I know what color I have! I have bene trying to figure it out! I have 8 show girls & 2 silkies and most of them (6-7) are evidentally greys! The pattern threw me. The others are 1 white, 1 blue, and 1 dark blue. They are a month old now.
    Kristi

7. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks crunchie! sorry i only have 1 gray and it's not old enough to breed. i got mine from lydia webb, she is a member here her id is if i remember right, lydlo. also check with melanie from fluff and stuff i think she has them too. hers is fluffysilkies if i remember right. both have excellent stock and should be able to help u as long as their girls r laying.
    silkie

8. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    therealsilkiechick.... snaring america, huh? Who runs that? my husband is a moderator of trapperman.com

9. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Thank you frozenfeathers, your birds are BEAUTIFUL! hope you find a great gene pool!

10. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    me and my husband do. we r members of T-man. who is ur hubby? 2 of our mods r mods at T-man also. i've seen a few trapper names here,lol i was wondering if we knew any of ya.
    silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by