1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

WTB Guinea keets - south Texas - or ship

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by Kelebek, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    I had four guinea keets and LOVED them. Unfortunately, my fault, I forgot to lock them up one night and lost them. I am so sad. I had 2 standard dark colored ones and 2 lavender. They were great - but hadn't learned to fly - so they would follow the goats into a 3 sided fenced area and couldn't get out - and I believe they were calling to get back to their flock (goats) and something heard them (hubby saw an owl next morning) and picked them off :-( i am so sad because they were great and one of the lavenders would come sit on my lap at night with me on the swing - and my goats tick issue was going down!

I know it sounds odd - but my goats are show goats - and the ticks were getting their ears BAD!!!

I really need to get another handful of them for the goat pen - color is not an issue - just as long as they are younger to teach them where they are to be ;-)

Thank you in advance.

(I have an incubator - but it is a cheap stryofoam one and I used 1 time and did not have good results :-( )

2. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    Ideal has nice guineas it is where mine come from. IF it helps they ship the keats the day they hatch. They are pretty birds I dont know about show quality but sounds like you dont care about that so there ya go...call ideal they are in texas [​IMG]

3. BirdCrazyLady

BirdCrazyLady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    McAllen
    Where in south texas are you? I had 4 hens and each hatched babies this year. They are starting to eat too much goat food! I have lavender ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by